IAESTE Turkey, the Turkish chapter of the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience, is an internship exchange organization that is supported by a national committee where academic institutions, the industry, and the student body are represented.
1. Application Requirements
• Undergraduate students in their 2nd year or above and graduate students may apply.
• Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.00.
• Applicants' language score should be minimum 7.00 out of 10.
2. Selection Criteria and Process
• Information, document requirements and selection criteria for IAESTE and information about the language exams (German-French) to be held by the School of Languages will be posted on the intranet from October onwards.
• Students apply to the Internship Office via email, enclosing their résumés and transcripts.
• Students that meet the application criteria English score is calculated by (ENG 101 x 0,4) + (ENG 102 x 0,6) for undergraduate students. For postgraduate students submitted TOEFL / IELTS score is considered as the English language score.
• For students who applied for German and/or French languages, take tests of German and/or French languages held by the School of Languages in November.
• The Internship Office calculates and lists the average score of each applicant by considering 50% of the foreign language score and 50% of the student’s GPA. The prepared list is sent to the IAESTE Headquarters.
• The internship positions allocated to SU are notified to the Internship Office by IAESTE. Placements are made starting with the top ranking student in accordance with the requirements of host organizations.
• Placements are submitted to IAESTE, pending the approval of the host organization. Placement cannot be made if the host rejects placement.
• Selected students are paid a monthly wage determined by the host organization. This wage is specified by the host on the “Internship Offer Form”.
3. Host Institutions That Admit SU Students via AIESEC
Technische Universitaet Clausthal
• Term of internship is 6 weeks minimum; internships are completed between June and September.
• Last year of graduating students in June can not apply to the program