Education and Business in One: Integrated Internship Program Application's Started
The Sabancı University Integrated Internship Program provides a longer transition to graduation that prepares students for real life and gives them the chance to apply their learnings.
Students start internships in host institutions during the summer semester. As part of the Integrated Internship Program, after internships has been completed, students will continue their projects at Spring and Fall term which counts as the graduation project (ENS 491-ENS 492). This enables students to get to know the world of business more closely in an applied learning environment. Students also gain hands-on experience in teamwork.
Benefits to the host
- Additional part-time workforce
- Getting to know achieving students better to generate fundamental knowledge about the person
- An environment where scientific knowledge is shared with the contributions of faculty members
- Access to university laboratories when necessary
- Possibility of evolving tripartite collaboration between the university, host and student to a government-sponsored Industrial Thesis
Benefits to the student
- An environment of applied learning that prepares the student to real life
- A period of adaptation to the industry and line of business
- Work experience
1. Host application
Prospective hosts complete “ Application Forms” to share their project ideas with the Internship Office. All applications are assessed by a committee of faculty members to determine suitability for undergraduate students.
2. Project Marketplace
Hosts with approved projects are invited to the Project Marketplace in March, where they present the details of their projects to students and faculty.
3. Project team creation
Depending on the nature of project, students may apply individually or in project teams of 4-5 members.
4. Project Fair
Students take part in the “Project Fair” held by the Internship Office to make poster presentations about their internships. This event is open to institutions other than the specific hosts of internships, which enables the work and best practices to be shared with all faculty members, companies and other students.